Saturday, January 11, 2014

Loving Lord Ash (Duchess of Love, #3) by Sally MacKenzie



*ARC received from publisher for an opinion.
Three stars ( I liked it) 
I really enjoyed this by Sally MacKenzie.  I thought that Kit, the Marquis of Ashton and Jess had amazing chemistry.  I thought that bought characters were very likeable. I also liked the plot.  The story was very engaging.  My issues with this story… I wanted to slap Kit.  He was always insulting Jess.  Ok, I get that he was hurt and angry because of a very stupid misunderstanding but he went overboard.  He had no problem calling or insinuating that she was a vile women but no one else could… Also, there was on characteristic that I thought Kit possessed that was a little too exaggerated… I don’t want to give it away.
I liked Jess a lot but sometimes she irritated me too. Both Kit and Jess had very strong feelings for each other and I’m glad that Jess was not of the ton.  It gets a little old reading about only women of the ton.  Let’s face it very few people in today’s society would be in the “ton”.  Overall, I enjoyed this story and I would definitely recommend it. Just don’t have any sharp objects nearby when you read about Kit :)
I definitely want to read more by Sally MacKenzie.  I really liked her writing style and found her story to be very original, especially facing societal issues that are generally not talked about. 
18051948

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...