Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The Perfect Fake Date by Naima Simone

The Perfect Fake Date: A best friends to lovers romanceThe Perfect Fake Date: A best friends to lovers romance by Naima Simone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Naima Simone has been on my to-read list for awhile. When I received an ARC I quickly jumped on the opportunity to read it.
Overall, it was cute. I really like the chemistry between Eve and Kenan.
I loved the friends to lover tope. The friendship between Eve and Kenan was so sweet and beautiful.
I have to say that the overly dramatic sub-story lines were a little too much.
First, there is the main friends to lover storyline. Then the Eve is in love with Kenan's half -brother. Then the father that abandoned these brothers storyline, then the tension between Kenan and his adoptive parents. Then the not accepted into society storyline. Eve has tension with her mother because she doesn't agree with Eve's friendship with Kenan.
It was overly dramatic. But it was still enjoyable because I could understand why Kenan didn't want to ruin his friendship with Eve.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...