Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The Takeover by Cara Tanamachi

The TakeoverThe Takeover by Cara Tanamachi
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

so many thoughts...
the yays: 1) I am so relieved to read about a hero and hero who are not blond and blue-eyed. If I read about another h/h with clear blue eyes like the sky I will vomit... I am so happy to read about characters that are rich in their cultural backgrounds. Double yay!

2) why... why oh why... this is not an enemies to lovers book... this is a I am very priviledged and want to come off as worldly troop. I liked neither the hero nor the heroine. They were both very immature. Hello authors, just because your main characters are wealthy doesnt make them interesting, nor likeable... I enjoyed the familial relationships more than I did Jae Lee and Nami. I thought they were spitiful... and enough with the weatlh... we get it they are well off... really
I get there might be a generation gap...but who the heck behaves this way in a professional environment?
The narrators were both pleasant...but I don't know or understand why women narrators keep giving women these valley sounding voices... why? why?
Thank you to Netgalley and Griffin

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...