Sunday, December 24, 2023

Thank you for Listening by Julia Whelan

I'm in the minority here... but can't do it...58 of the longest pages I have had to read... There is no way I can make it to 300... 1) TOO MUCH... too many sub-relationships... too many subplots... too many "trying to be funny and witty" but really flat and dull. The father /daughter relationship... big secret of why she stopped being an actress... the best friends... the never ending trying to make this story work... I'm moving on... 2) everything is awkward and choppy... and tries to be so sophisticated and expensive... doone...when Swanee ( insert eye roll) says " no seriously, what are you talking about? " I thought.... exactly... what the heck is the book talking about?



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...