Sunday, September 29, 2013

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Copy from Netgalley.com for an honest opinion.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I really liked this book. I thought the author really developed and evolved her characters in a fantastic way.  Her supporting characters, especially Miriam and Paul, really added to the story and the journey that Angel ( Sarah, Amanda, Tirzah…etc…) was on. 
Michael was an outstanding hero.  Only a woman could create a man like that! Sometimes he seemed a little unrealistic and there were moments his unwavering patience was too much.

Angel definitely didn’t make a change quickly, her progress was very slow and she took many steps back.  The whole running away got to be a little too much at the end.  I did think that Paul’s role was very well written and his evolution also very slow but ultimately rewarding.  One of my favorite characters was Miriam.  She seemed very real and authentic. Her human faults and her strengths were very original.  She provided a great contrast to all the other characters. She was full of life and energy.

Overall, this was a good book. Some parts felt very long and repetitive.  I thought the author took the sins of Angel a little too far (I won’t mention that one sin that I thought was beyond all understanding)
I really liked how she incorporated the stories of the bible to reflect the lives of the characters and she specifically focused on how “human” the stories in the bible are.  This was a different read for me, but very interesting overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Callum by Sawyer Bennett!

New Release from Sawyer Bennett Callum (Pittsburgh Titans, Book #12) Synopsis: Callum Derringer was hired by the Pittsburgh Titans ...