Tuesday, May 24, 2022

How to Steal a Scoundrel's Heart by Vivienne Lorret

How to Steal a Scoundrel's Heart (The Mating Habits of Scoundrels, #4)How to Steal a Scoundrel's Heart by Vivienne Lorret
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Struggling with this book!
The storyline seemed like a great idea but its dragging for me.
I am going to start off with the preface that I am in the minority here... many readers seem to LOVE Vivienne Lorret and many readers that received ARC seemed to really enjoy it...not me...
I have been wanting to read Vivienne Lorret for a long time and was grateful for the opportunity to receive an ARC of "How to Steal a Scoundrel's Heart".  I am not a fan of insta-lust so there was some hesitation with the storyline...but I liked the plot...
SPOILERS ARE COMING:)  Don't read any further...
So Leo Ramsgate, Martquess of Savage is the typical hero I like. Smart, confident-but not aggressive and not a jerk. He is sure of himself, what he wants, treats his mistresses with dignity and respect but he also has an edge to him.  Prudence Thorogood is is usually the type of heroine I like. She is sweet, kind but has a goal and wants to become independent.  Because of choices she has made ( really dumb choices not even stupid... dumb) she is seen as a FALLEN woman... She has no income, no inheritance and when Leo makes her an offer to become his mistress she is hesitant but ultimately agrees.  So far the storyline seemed good... Leo is generous to her, respectful and she is not a typical gold-digger. But that is where it ended for me. Pru was so clueless about everything... she seemed to have no clue about anything and everything.  The chemistry between Pru and Leo was boring and at times creepy. The dialogue was awkward, Pru's fall from grace was not really that big of a fall... This book was a big miss for me, but like I stated early-I am in the minority. 
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...