Friday, January 30, 2015

Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC, #2) by Joanna Wylde

Four Stars
Library copy
As I continue my Reaper’s binge, I jumped into Reaper’s Legacy, the second book in the series. Just like the Reaper’s Stand, this book focuses on The Motorcycle Club, The Reapers. The main characters of this book are Sophie and Regar.

When the story begins Sophie is losing her virginity to Zach Barrett, her boyfriend and Regar’s step-brother. Regar walks in on them and Sophie is mortified. Zach turns out to be a deadbeat. Regar however fills in for Zach. When Sophie finds out she is pregnant it’s Regar who steps in and helps her with Noah, her son. Although Regar has very strong feelings for Sophie he realizes the complexity of the situation.

The story fast forwards eight years ahead and Sophie is living on her own with Noah outside of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. When her son finds himself in trouble he calls Uncle Regar that has always been there for him. Regar jumps on his bike with his friend Horse and they run to rescue Noah. When Regar sees how Sophie and Noah are living he tells Sophie that they are going to live with him.

So Sophie, I wasn’t really crazy about her. I wanted to like her more than I actually did. She really seemed so clueless all time. It was like she could not make a decision for herself to save her or her sons life. Regar was also not a fantastic hero. He was pretty awful, except for his never-ending devotion to Sophie and Noah. Although Regar doesn’t know how to handle his feelings for Sophie he is always ready to be there for Noah.

When Sophie and Regar finally give into their feelings for one another Sophie tells Regar that she wants complete devotion, in other words he can’t be with other women, he tells her… He won’t bring any women home!!!!??? I know!!!??? This is why I’m addicted to these books, THEY ARE CRAZY! So Sophie isn’t having it and I actually applauded her for once doing something that was not dimwitted.

Sophie and Regar are both so infuriating. They are both so complex and both made me want to scream with frustration, but I could not put this book down! Just like in The Reaper’s Stand, which I heard on audio, there is a lot of drama, and violence and vulgar language. Nonetheless, I’m continuing my Reaper’s Binge and my next book is “The Devil’s Game, which is Em and Liam “Hunters” story.
Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC, #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Callum by Sawyer Bennett!

New Release from Sawyer Bennett Callum (Pittsburgh Titans, Book #12) Synopsis: Callum Derringer was hired by the Pittsburgh Titans ...