Friday, January 30, 2015

How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men #3) by Sabrina Jeffries


Copy received from publisher for an honest review
Five stars
Dear Sabrina Jeffries, I love you! Such an amazing story, writer and plot. First, there is no denying the talent of Ms. Jeffries! She is hands down fantastic. But her storylines!!! Where does she come up with all these fantastic ideas? How the Scoundrel Seduces is the third book in “The Duke’s Men” series. I’m so annoyed that I did not read What the Duke Desires (The Duke's Men, #1) first. But I loved “When the Rogue Returns” and I could not wait to read Lady Zoe Keane and Tristan Bonnaud’s story! I could tell in “When the Rogue Returns” that they were going to be a fun and interesting couple and I was right!

Lady Zoe is my type of heroine! She is a do-what-I-want type of heroine. She is brave, warm-hearted and a risk taker. She is not one to sit back and see what happens. She has decided to take her destiny in her hands when she finds out from her aunt that her parents might not really be her parents… This raises a number of difficulties form Lady Zoe since, although she is in a unique position and she will inherit her father’s lands and title, her American cousin could fight the inheritance. Her father refuses to discuss her lineage with her so she decides that she will consult The Duke’s Men and call in a favor they owe her.

Lady Zoe is not the only one with inheritance problems. Tristan also has had difficulties since his half- brother George count him and his brother Dom off. Although Tristan and Dom’s father left them both in the will George took matters into his own hands. Tristan is driven by revenge and also the remorse of how he handled his family’s situation when his father died. Because both Tristan and Dom were illegitimate they encounter some obstacles. When Lady Zoe approaches them about her “true” family Tristan is the natural choice for the case because of his shared history with the gypsies. (Lady Zoe believes that her mother was Drina a gypsy abandoned by her family).

Without giving too much away (which is hard because I want to discuss every aspect of this fantastic story!) I will say I loved all the characters in the story! George was so despicable… He was a true villain! Dom is such a great character! I cannot wait to read about him and Lady Jane. Even the Earl of Olivier was a great character. There were so many twist and turns! This story was Sabrina Jeffries-Fabulous!!! I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for Dom’s story!
How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Callum by Sawyer Bennett!

New Release from Sawyer Bennett Callum (Pittsburgh Titans, Book #12) Synopsis: Callum Derringer was hired by the Pittsburgh Titans ...