Tuesday, January 25, 2022

When Things Fall Apart:Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pem Chödrön

When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult TimesWhen Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chödrön
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I checked this out at my library and I LOVED IT. I love it so much that I want to get my own copy and keep it near my nightstand because there are so many parts that are great reflections. This book to me is like Gary Zukov's "Seat of the Soul" and Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment". You read these books but they really are guides and life long lessons. I heard to audio and loved it because the narrator really set the perfect tone to the lessons in the book. One of my favorite lessons is self-compassion. Learning to be kinder and more accepting of ourselves. Also, I loved the idea of victor vs victim. How we usually play these two in our minds. There were so many beautiful lessons that just helped me and that I will continue to practice. Highly recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...