Monday, January 31, 2022

Beach Read by Emily Henry

Beach ReadBeach Read by Emily Henry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"You can keep your purse stocked with wine" lol
twits and turns
This is not a typical read for me. The rom-com books always get on my nerves because everything seems overly dramatic and silly instead of funny. BUT I really enjoyed "Beach Read" by Emily Henry.
I really enjoyed January and Gus. I liked their banter and their back story. Also, there are deep topics that are dealt with in this book: adulatory, cancer, death of a parent, divorce, abuse. The author manages to give depth the the characters and at the same time helps the hero and heroine develop a deep friendship and mutual respect for one another. I laughed- out -loud with " You can keep your purse stocked with wine" that was so funny. The only reason that I didn't give a five was because the last 70% seemed very drawn out and overly dramatic. January became very clingy and needy and it was basically her falling into tears for the last part of the book. I loved her sentimentality and can see how she was experiencing a lot. Overall, this was a really enjoyable read, I highly recommended and will read more by the author. The audiobook was very good
narrated by Julia Whelan. She was enjoyable to listen to. Personally, I would have liked a male to read for Gus but its just my opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...