Monday, September 28, 2020

Hiring Mr. Darcy by Valerie Bowman

I received an eARC at no cost from the author, and I am leaving a voluntary and honest review. Thank you.
Valerie Bowman is automatic read for me. I just love her fun and lighthearted writing. I have read nearly all her regency romances- which I have loved. I jumped at the chance to read her contemporary romance. I love her spin on "Pride and Prejudice." Meg Knightley is a nerdy history professor. She has her life perfectly planned with a check-list. When her boyfriend is hired by a famous and beautiful actress, her plans are derailed. They planned to attend a Jane Austin Competition in England and he decides that he will take the actress for work purposes....

Meg's brother comes to the rescue and suggests that she hire a replacement- Jeremy Remington. Although Jeremy doesn't fit any of the characteristics on her list- he steps in to fill all the requirements she has.
Meg and Jeremy were a cute and fun couple to read about and I can't wait for the second book in the series!





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...