Sunday, March 24, 2019

ARC Review: Dirty Sexy Saint by Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde

I’ve read a few of Carly Phillips books before and I know that she does not disappoint. One of the reasons that I enjoy her books so much is because her characters always have the best chemistry. I have to admit there have bene books where I did not love the story line but the tension between the characters made a big difference. Erika Wilde has been on my to-read list forever and just the busyness of life and a packed reviewing schedule have stopped me from reading her work, so needless to say when I saw “Dirty Sexy Saint” I jumped at the chance to review.

This story does not disappoint. I could not put it down and I loved both the hero and the heroine. Clay Kincaid was a great hero. He was intense and broken but easily very likeable. One of my huge pet peeves is when men are portrayed as bad boys and their really just immature jerks. Clay was the perfect combination of wounded but redeemable. I loved him and found him to be very sexy. Not do be outdone by Clay, Samantha Jamieson was a great heroine. I really liked her even though she was very rough around the edges. When Samantha stumbles into Clay’s bar he can’t turn his back on her. Clay is nicknamed “Saint” because he is known for always giving those in need a helping hand, and Samanth or “Cupcake” as she is nicknamed.

This book was intense and steamy and very, ultimately satisfying. I loved the creativity of the story and the very different backgrounds that brought Saint and cupcake together. This was the type of book where you can’t wait to finish it because you want to see how the story unfolds yet at the same time you can’t help but feel bummed because it’s finished and you miss the characters. The only compensation to this type of scenario is the knowledge that this sis the first in a series. Both Wilde and Phillips write a fantastic love story of triumph and perseverance. I can’t wait for “ Diry Sexy Inked” the next book!
**ARC Provided by RockStarLit PR**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Callum by Sawyer Bennett!

New Release from Sawyer Bennett Callum (Pittsburgh Titans, Book #12) Synopsis: Callum Derringer was hired by the Pittsburgh Titans ...